Borst Park Kitchen #1
STEP #1: Check for an available date on the calendar. View Availability Calendar
STEP #2: To rent the facility online choose Monday-Friday or Weekend.
2014 Online Registration for Kitchen #1 Rental Weekday (Monday-Friday) 9 am to 10 pm
2014 Online Registration for Kitchen #1 Rental Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) 9 am to 10 pm
You may only reserve a facility 1 year from today's date.
2015 Online Registration for Kitchen #1 Rental Weekday (Monday-Friday) 9 am to 10 pm
2015 Online Registration for Kitchen #1 Rental Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) 9 am to 10 pm
***Please make sure you FILL IN your requested date on the online application***
Register in person at City Hall and submit the application on-line, please click here.
Step #3: Check the next business day to see if your request is entered onto the online calendar or call the Community Development office at 360-330-7662.
Kitchen #1 Information
Location: 2020 Borst Avenue (in Borst Park on left side of road near playground)
Size: 2,100 sq ft Maximum occupants 125
Rental Periods: 9 am to 10 pm as per times listed above.
Contents include: Gas furnace, 1 refrigerator, 2 electric stoves, 2 double sinks, restroom facilities
Outlets: Five outlets in the kitchen and eight in the table area.
Amenities: 22-six-foot tables 120-folding chairs, a fireplace and 30-cup coffee urn available. A projection screen is available upon request.
Fees: Kitchens rentals will be for a full day only. Rates will be: $100.00 Monday thru Friday and weekends will be $150.00 (Saturday and Sunday).
Cleaning Fee: A $50.00 cleaning fee maybe be charged (if applicable).
Insurance: Liability Insurance is may be required for use of this facility, and may be purchased online. A Tenants and Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) may be obtained through the Washington Cities Insurance Authority. Go to www.ebi-ins.com/tulip and insert code 0465-026 for a quote and/or to purchase insurance. The following criteria will be used to determine if liability insurance is required.
1. Applicant is a business or organization
2. Event involves people other than applicant's family members and close friends
3. Event qualifies as a "special event" by definition of the City
4. There is an admission charge or a charge for anything provided at the event
5. Event attendance and proposed usage fall outside of facility's design
6. Law enforcement will be required for security or traffic control
7. Alcohol will be sold or served
Groups wishing to serve alcohol must also obtain a banquets permit from a state liquor store or agency. Applicants requried to have liability insurance must provide a certificate of insurance naming the City of Centralia as additional insured in the amount of no less than $1,000,000 prior to final approval.
User Liability Insurance Program
1. Reservation may be made up to 12 months to the day in advance through the Recreation office during regular business hours. Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
2. Reservation may be made by telephone or in person. A party has 7 days after the date is requested to return completed application with required rental fee. If completed application form and rental fee are not received on or before the 7th day, the reservation date will be automatically canceled and reopened to others. If a reservation is made within a 7 day period, application form and rental fee are due 48 hours before reserved date.
3. Cancelation received less than 10 days before event will result in forfeiture of facility rental fee