In concert with the values and spirit of Centralia, the Community Development Department is committed to building and maintaining a safe, attractive, and quality environment where city residents can live, work, and play.
Online Permit Submittal
- Building Permits: Residential & Commercial Permits, Roofing Permits, Mechanical Permits, and Plumbing Permits. Electrical Permits are issued through Washington State Labor and Industries.
- Land Use Applications: Annexation, Boundary Line Adjustment, Comprehensive Plan Amendments (Map & Text), Conditional Use, Rezone (Map & Text) Application, SEPA, Short Plats, and Subdivision applications.
Centralia Municipal Code
- Environment (Title 16): Shoreline Master Plan, Wetlands, Fish & Wildlife, Floodplain Requirements, Critical Aquifers, and Geologically Hazardous areas.
- Building Regulations (Title 18): Building requirements (City has adopted the 2018 codes) and Sign codes.
- Subdivision Code (Title 19): Short Subdivisions, Large Subdivisions, Boundary Line Adjustments, Binding Site Plans, and Design Standards.
- Zoning Ordinance (Title 20): Zoning Districts and Uses, Landscaping, Parking, PUDs, Manufactured Homes, Conditional Uses, Nonconforming Uses, and general provisions.
Office Hours & Contacts
- For assistance with scheduling inspections, please email Mike Watilo or call 360-330-7662 (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
- For permitting assistance, call 360-330-7662 (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
- For general permitting, planning, and zoning related questions, email Hillary Hoke or call 360-330-7684 (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).
- For all other questions or concerns, call 360-330-7662 (Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm).