- Parks & Recreation
- Volunteer Opportunities
In our parks and recreation system, we could not do what we do without you. The dedication and energy of volunteers enable us to expand programs and take on projects we could not otherwise do.
Recreation coaches, team parents, special event help, etc. are always welcome. Contact the Recreation office at 360-330-7688 for additional information.
Park Maintenance Projects
For park maintenance projects, contact the Community Development Department at 360-330-7662 for project ideas.
Projects Ideas Include
Washington Lawn Cemetery cleanup
Borst Park cleanup
Riverside Park cleanup
Train Depot cleanup
Seminary Hill work party
Plant trees and more
Donate Your Time
Citizens who volunteer on committees and boards, come to meetings and get involved in the public processes to ensure that Centralia Parks and Recreation is a strong community. Groups Welcome Team up with your neighbors, community group, organization, or co-workers. Centralia Parks and Recreation will work with you to design a volunteer project your team will enjoy.
Eagle Scout Projects
The focus of the Eagle Scout project is concentrated on developing leadership skills and providing service to a local institution or the community. Your involvement in an Eagle Scout project will have a lasting impact on you and the members of your community. The City of Centralia is anxious and excited to begin working with you on your project. The following are suggestions for possible Eagle Scout projects:
- Organize a tree-planting drive for any neighborhood, City street, or City park
- Purchase and install certain park features, including playground equipment, picnic tables, park benches, pavilions, etc.
- Purchase and install a scoreboard to be used at the sports fields
- Organize a service project on Seminary Hill, Borst Park, or any other City park
- Paint over graffiti with an anti-graffiti education campaign
- Clean and paint playground equipment (Logan Park)
- Clean up a lake or pond
- Build benches along trails in Borst Park
- Repair and clean cemetery headstones
- Install a fence at the skateboard park (Riverside Park)
- Create a new playground
- Build a new picnic shelter
- Build new picnic tables
- Shoreline improvements (landscaping)
Programs & Partners
Some of our programs and partner organizations also have exciting volunteer opportunities such as helping with the Borst Home and One Room Schoolhouse or being a part of the Friends of Seminary Hill. Contact us and we'll help match you with a great volunteer opportunity that helps your community.
Existing Boards & Commissions
Boards and committees are designed to give Centralia residents a voice in their local government and provide a means of influencing decisions that shape the quality of life for the City. Participation on a board or committee is one of the most effective steps citizens can take in becoming an active voice in their government.