How do I obtain compost?

Thank you for your interest in compost produced by the City of Centralia Public Works Department. We are excited to announce our compost will regularly be available starting March 1, 2022. There are three ways to obtain compost.

  • Self-Loading Site
    • Location: Borst Park Boat Ramp (close to Borst Home and soccer fields)
    • Cost: Free - Self-loading site
    • Bring your own shovel, bags and/or containers
    • Available anytime the park is open
    • If you find the stock is getting low please let us know by calling 360-330-7512
  • We Load - You Haul Site
    • Location: City of Centralia Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1101 Goodrich Rd, Centralia
    • Cost: $10 per yard
    • Payment Accepted: Cash, Personal Check, Money Order, Cashier Check, or Credit Cards (additional fee; not available at the Plant). Pay at the Cashier's Office on the second floor of City Hall or at the Wastewater Treatment Plant. You will be given a receipt noting the amount purchased and the preferred time of pickup. Full purchase must be picked up within 10 business days.
    • Available for pick-up Monday through Friday from 8 am to noon and 12:30 to 2 pm.
    • Use the Treatment Plant access road. View Map (PDF)
    • Access road gates will be open and signs will mark the route
    • Rain or shine
    • No quantity limits at this time
    • Plan to cover your load
  • Hire Someone to Haul For You
    • Same location and conditions as for the We Load-You Haul option above.
    • Must bring receipt at time of pick-up.
    • Compost available while supply lasts


Show All Answers

1. Why should I have to pay for Stormwater Management?
2. How do I report a pot hole or other unsafe street condition?
3. How do I get utilities for an existing home or commercial business?
4. How do I get utilities for a new construction?
5. How do I read my water meter?
6. Can I have my water tested?
7. Who do I contact if I need to have the power to my house disconnected for electrical work being done inside the house?
8. How do I obtain a right of way permit?
9. How do I obtain compost?