The Sports Complex "Quad" is located adjacent to Fort Borst Park. The quad features 4 baseball fields at the corners and 4 softball fields at its hub (see image). Its close proximity to the Borst Park ballfields makes it an ideal location to host large baseball and softball events.
Borst Park attracts large numbers of park users throughout the year because of its size, central location (halfway between Seattle and Portland), varied natural features, and diverse recreational opportunities. Borst Park is located at the confluence of the Chehalis and Skookumchuck rivers and is the home to the historic Borst homestead, schoolhouse, arboretum, and Fort Borst Blockhouse. In addition to being an important historic site, the park has trails, a lake, large old-growth trees, playgrounds, athletic fields, and facilities.
A few of the park and sports complex amenities include:
- 1 baseball stadium - Wheeler Field, seating for 570, lighted, full size
- 5 additional full-sized baseball fields (90' between bases), 1 of which is lighted with a skinned infield
- 2 Little League fields (1 lighted)
- 8 softball/fastpitch fields (4 fields lighted)
- 1 turf football/soccer field in a stadium (seating for 3,500, lighted)
- 1 multi-purpose playing field
- 6 tennis courts
- 4 full-size soccer fields (1 turf)
- Concession stands and restroom facilities
- 2 miles of walking and jogging trails
- Indoor swimming pool
- 2 indoor kitchens (rentable)
- 1 picnic pavilion (rentable)
- Numerous picnic tables
- Horseshoe pits
- Volleyball court
- Fort Borst lake (fishing, small boat races)
- Boat launch (into Chehalis river)
- Historic Borst Fort, Borst Home, and a one-room school
- Parking lots
- Sports Center: 75,000 square feet
- Maps: Map of the Borst Park Area (PDF)
- Calendar of Events: Online Calendar
- Partnership: The facilities were a joint partnership between the City of Centralia, Lewis County Public Facilities District, and the Centralia School District.
Northwest Sports Hub
The Northwest Sports Hub is private and rents the building that is owned by the Lewis County Public Facilities District (PFD)
To reserve a field (baseball, softball, or soccer field or host a tournament, or if you have a general question contact the City of Centralia Parks and Recreation at 360-330-7688 or email Parks and Recreation.
Planning Your Visit
- Motel Lodging, Dining, Activities, and Events - Looking for places to stay, things to do, places to eat? You'll find everything you need at the Discovery Lewis County webpage.
- RV and Tent Camping - Check out the Area RV Park List (PDF) for places to stay. Please note, that the City of Centralia does NOT allow overnight camping/parking/stays in its parks.
- Ball Park Regulations (PDF)
- Shopping - Centralia Outlets, Centralia Downtown Association, Centralia-Chehalis Chamber of Commerce.