- Boards & Commissions
- Planning Commission
- Location: Centralia City Hall 118 W. Maple
- Date: 2nd Thursday of each month
- Time: 6 PM
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Planning Commission is a commission whose members are appointed by the City Council and their service is not compensated.
The Commission makes a variety of decisions on diverse items of importance to the City of Centralia and its residents. They provide analysis and recommendations to the City Council on all matter dealing with the present and future development of the City, in accordance with the goals and policies of the City's Comprehensive Plan. This includes reviewing, approving, and/or recommending to the City Council for requests for comprehensive plan amendments, zone changes, subdivisions, and zoning ordinance text amendments.
Citizen Participation and input into the planning process is very important. The Planning Commission makes every effort to encourage meaningful participation. Comments are encouraged from residents and concerns individuals. The Planning Commission is appreciative of the time required for everyone to participate and tries to reduce the time required and maximize opportunities for input.
Basic Steps in the Planning Commission Public Hearing Process:
- Welcome to the meeting (Chairman)
- City staff member presentation - A city staff member will present a detail report on the facts of the case.
- Applicant Presentation - The applicant or his/her representative makes a presentation to the Commission supporting their application. Members of the Commission may ask questions.
- Comments from the audience - Residents share their views on the project. Members of the Commission may ask questions.
- Call For A Motion - The Planning Commission chairman will ask for a motion to approve, disapprove or continue an application.
- Planning Commission Discussion - The members of the Commission discuss the merits of the case. The applicant, his/her representative, proponents and opponents are not permitted to speak.
- Planning Commission Vote - The members of the Commission vote on the issue and usually make a recommendation to the City Council.
Public Hearing Courtesy:
- When speaking to the Planning Commission, please stand, speak clearly into the microphone and state your name and address. Please speak slowly for the benefit of the city recorder. Speakers are encouraged to focus on pertinent issues and avoid repetition of previous testimony.
- Speakers and audience members are asked to behave politely.
- Exhibits (photos, petitions, etc.) given to the Planning Commission become the property of the City.
- Please turn off all cellular phones, beepers, pagers or other noise making devices.