Boards & Commissions

Being a member of a volunteer board or commission is a great way to participate in the decision-making process of our local government. Most board members meet just one evening a month in the Council Chambers at City Hall. The Centralia Municipal Code (CMC) provides more information about boards and commissions.

The Community Development Department provides support staff for Boards and Commissions as the Hearing Examiner. They are:

  • Borst Home Advisory Board (Contact Recreation Department)
  • Historic Preservation Commission (CMC 2.58)
  • Parks and Recreation Advisory Board (CMC 2.22)
  • Planning Commission (CMC 2.16)
  • Tree Committee (Parks and Recreation Advisory Board) (CMC 9.16)

If you think you might be interested in serving on a volunteer board or commission, you will need to fill out an Application for Boards and Commissions (PDF).