Rent Park Facilities
Rent one of our buildings for your next family reunion, reception, celebration, or other indoor gatherings. These buildings are available to rent year-round, up to one year in advance.
- Borst Park Kitchen Number 1
- Borst Park Kitchen Number 2
- Centralia Train Depot Multi-Purpose Room
- Depot Suite 204 - This meeting room is for professional meetings only. Contact the Centralia Community Development Department for additional information at 360.330.7662.
Picnic Shelter Rentals
Picnic shelters are available to reserve Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, up to one year in advance, and include picnic tables, electricity, and water. For the rest of the year, they are available on a first-come, first-served, as-is basis (the south loop of Borst Park is also closed to cars during this time, but is accessible on a walk-in basis). Click on the one you want for complete rental and reservation information. Rent a Picnic Shelter Online or see the availability calendar.
Note: Picnic tables are removed seasonally from many of the flood-prone areas of the city parks. The Borst Park Large Picnic Shelter and Riverside Shelter Number 3 are the only ones that have tables year-round.
Borst Park Picnic Shelter Rentals
Shelters are available to reserve Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, up to one year in advance, and include picnic tables, electricity, and water. For the rest of the year, they are available on a first-come, first-served, as-is basis (the south loop of Borst Park is also closed to cars during this time, but is accessible on a walk-in basis). Click on the one you want for complete rental and reservation information.
Note: Picnic tables are removed seasonally from many of the flood-prone areas of the parks.
Riverside Park Picnic Shelter Rentals
- Riverside Shelter Number 1 - this shelter is available only on a first-come, first-served, as-is basis
- Riverside Shelter Number 2 - (4 picnic tables; seating for 32-40)
- Riverside Shelter Number 3 - (4 picnic tables; seating for 32-40)
Note: All facility reservations must be made and paid for no later than 5 pm on the next-to-last business day before the date requested; reservation requests made after that time will not be accepted. Any shelters not previously reserved by that time are available on a first-come, first-served basis only.
Insurance Requirements for Park Facility Rentals: Liability insurance may be required for use of a city facility, depending on the activity. The following criteria will be used to determine if liability insurance is required:
- The applicant is a business or organization
- The event involves people other than the applicant's family members or close friends
- The event qualified as a "special event" by definition of the City
- There is an admission charge or charge for anything provided at the event
- Event attendance and proposed usage fall outside of the facility's design
- Law enforcement will be required for security or traffic control
- Alcohol will be sold or served. The applicant may also need to purchase a banquet permit from the Washington State Liquor Control Board (if applicable) and post it at their event. If alcohol is sold, additional liquor liability coverage is also required.
Note: Alcohol is allowed only in our enclosed buildings (Borst Kitchens and Depot Multi-Purpose Room), and only with proper insurance coverage.
Alcohol is not allowed in picnic shelters or outdoors.
If insurance is required, the applicant must provide proof of liability insurance in a minimum amount of $1,000,000, naming the City of Centralia as additional insured before access to the building will be issued. A Tenants and Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) may be purchased online that provides the coverage required by the City of Centralia and insert the appropriate code for the facility desired to get a quote or purchase.
Additional Insured Language required by WCIA (This language must be contained with the comments section of any and all Certificates of Insurance):
User shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the City of Centralia, its officers, officials, employees and volunteers from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, or labilities for injury or death of any person, or for loss or damage to property, which arises out of the use of Premises or from any activity, work or thing done, permitted, or suffered by User in or around the Premises, except only such injury or damage as shall have been occasioned by the sole negligence of the City of Centralia.
Rent Park Facilities - Special Events
Open spaces at several of our parks, the gazebo at George Washington Park, the concrete stage at Borst Park, Borst Lake or the Borst Home grounds are just a few spaces you can consider renting for an outdoor special event. The facilities have limited amenities, but are available for your use for a $50 use fee per day. Complete and return an Outdoor Special Event Application form (PDF) with your fee and view the Use Policies and Regulations (PDF) for more information.
Please note that liability insurance, naming the City of Centralia as additional insured is REQUIRED for all special events. The Application and Use Policies and Regulations have complete information on insurance requirements.
- Borst Park: 0465-026
- Riverside Park: 0465-302
- Train Depot: 0465-028
- George Washington Park: 0465-027
User Liability Insurance Program
If liability insurance is required for your rental or special event, the Washington Cities Insurance Authority has a Tenant User Liability Insurance Program (TULIP) where you can purchase the coverage required by the City of Centralia. Instructions for obtaining a quote and/or insurance are as follows:
1. View the Intact Insurance Specialty webpage.
2. User enters facility ID code:
Borst Park: 0465-026
Riverside Park: 0465-302
George Washington Park: 0465-027
Train Depot Multi-Purpose Room: 0465-028
3. The user answers questions about the event.
4. The user then clicks on "Quick Quote" for the cost of the insurance.
5. If the tenant elects to purchase the insurance they fill in the user (the insured) and contact information. The transaction is completed with a credit card online.
6. In a matter of minutes (after credit card approval) an insurance certificate will be emailed to the user (contact information email address) and to the WCIA member email address specified on the attached spreadsheet.\
Access to the program is only available online and payment must be made with VISA or MasterCard. Confirmation is handled very quickly. 2021 rates for Tenant Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) (PDF) (same rates as 2019) Questions: Call WCIA at 206-575-6046