Building Division

The Building Division handles and issues all building permits for the City.  The City has certified inspectors who are qualified plan examiners and inspectors for all types of building construction to promote a safe and professional building quality in the City of Centralia and its Urban Growth Area (UGA).

Do you need a permit?  The Building Division reviews all new construction, alteration, removal, demolition, changes of use and occupancy, building location, and safety of buildings and structures, as well as the installation, repair, replacement, or alteration of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems along with their associated equipment, appliances, fixtures, fittings, and appurtenances.

What Building Codes and Requirements has the City adopted?

Online Permit Submittal

  • Building Permits: Residential & Commercial Permits, Roofing Permits, Mechanical Permits, and Plumbing Permits. 
  • Electrical Permits are issued through Washington State Labor and Industries.

Please Note: The City of Centralia Accepts Debit/Credit Card Payments for Permits - with a 3.5% Fee.

Building Inspection Request Line

Phone: 360-330-7663

Electrical Permits

Electrical permits are issued through:
Washington State Labor and Industries
7273 Linderson Way SW
Tumwater, WA 98501-9414
Phone: 360-902-5799