Pursuant to HB 2005, the Washington State Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Services, will be the point of contact for applying for and renewing City of Centralia business licenses effective August 2, 2018.
A. The following shall be exempt from registering and paying the licensing fees set forth in this chapter:
1. All federal, state, county, city or other public governmental activities, whether same are conducted in a governmental or proprietary capacity;
2. All bona fide religious organizations;
3. All garage sales so long as no more than two sales are conducted each year for a total of not more than eight days in such year;
4. All business conducted by individuals under eighteen years of age;
5. Persons, sales or services arising out of the farmer's market located within the city limits of Centralia or any other community event determined by the city manager to be exempt from the requirements of this chapter.
6. Any person or business whose annual value of products, gross proceeds of sales or gross income of the business in the city is equal to or less than $2,000 and who does not maintain a place of business within the city. The exemption does not apply to regulatory license requirements or activities that require a specialized permit.