Request for Public Records
Court Records must be requested directly from the Municipal Court.
Click here to view the Court's Homepage.
Records from the Police Department can be requested through their portal.
Click here for information about Police Records Requests
For all other records, the City Clerk has been designated as the Public Records Officer for the City of Centralia and will serve as the point of contact for members of the public in requesting disclosure of a public record. For information on the disclosure of public records, refer to Chapter 2.10 of the Centralia Municipal Code and R.C.W. 42.56.
To make a request for records, other than Centralia Municipal Court and Police Department records, print off the Public Disclosure Request Form (PDF). Complete and submit the form to the City Clerk. For assistance or to submit the form, contact:
City Clerk/Public Records Officer
Deena Bilodeau, CMC
P.O. Box 609
118 W Maple Street
Centralia WA 98531
Email Deena Bilodeau
Response to Records Requests
Within five business days of the receipt of the request, the Public Records Officer or designee will do one of the following:
- Make the records available for inspection, provide the records or direct requestor to where the
- Record can be found on the City website
- Provide a reasonable estimate of when the records will be available
- Contact the requestor to request clarification if needed
- Deny the request citing the reason for denial
Cost for Public Records
There is no fee for inspecting public records:
- Standard copies: Fifteen cents a page for single-sided 8 1/2-inch by 11-inch and 8 1/2-inch by 14-inch. Single-sided 11-inch by 17-inch shall be considered two pages of 8 1/2-inch by 11-inch. Scanned copies shall be at a cost of 10 cents per page.
- Audiotape or CD copying/recording reproduction shall be at a cost of one dollar per tape/CD
- Outside copying: actual cost
- Postage: actual cost
Note: Some public records are available on this website at no cost.