- Community Development
- Housing Assessment and Action Plan
Housing Assessment and Action Plan
In 2021, the City started the ball rolling on developing a Housing Assessment and Analysis Plan by participating in a housing summit with Lewis County. In 2022, the city received a Housing Action Plan Implementation (HAPI) Grant from the Washington State Department of Commerce to assist us in developing the Plan.
The development of the Plan will help the city better understand what types of housing we are missing and what barriers we need to remove to provide housing for all people. This Plan will be a major puzzle piece to developing our Housing Element for the 2045 Comprehensive Plan due in June 2025. As we start to address where the housing should go in the city we want to know where you think we should direct new housing to go and at what density. To help us understand where we should put housing units and at what density we developed a Housing Simulation.
In the Housing Simulation, we need to identify where 925 new housing units should be located. Seven different areas have been identified as potential sites for 685 housing units, as well as an additional 240 units as a buffer. Housing units could be single-family homes, duplexes, tri-plexes, four-plexes, apartments with 5+ units, townhomes, or other types of housing (ex. mixed-use commercial/residential).
This exercise gives you an opportunity to provide feedback on identified sites and to create your own housing plan for the city. Your plan will assist us in providing the direction where new housing will go in the future.
Draft Centralia Housing Assessment and Action Plan
- Centralia Housing Assessment and Action Plan DRAFT 2023 05_11
- CHAAP Planning Commission Public Hearing Presentation 2023 05_11
- Planning Commission Workshop Presentation April 13 2023
- Centralia Housing Assessment Review Draft Appendix A April 2023
- Centralia CHAAP Housing Needs Potential Solutions Draft 2023
- Centralia Housing Needs Assessment DRAFT October 2022
- Centralia CHAAP Presentation 2023 Outreach to select groups
- Centralia CHAAP Public Engagement Plan 2023 March
- Housing Assessment and Action Plan Timeline 2022